An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By Jevako030
dijkie wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:35 am
thnx for testing this.

do you have the link of the one you ordered ?
( this one for example ?? : https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/10050043 ... EcKR8lQPnW )

i think these have 5 connections, 3 outgoing to the controller and i think 2 for the power, how did you connect the power ?
Yes these are the good Hall sensor 41 F,
I have this one too but it's just a bit too small so you have to bend the outer hall out carefully. You also need a 7-pin cable, just a cheap one from the ali is good, with hall sensor you have no more error messages and more functions with your controller
By Jevako030
dijkie wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:05 pm
ok, also i ordered this one https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/40011310 ... 5ljvFlQsMh
to be able to use 2 extra wires for the 5V for the Hall sensors
Okay great,
Then you can also connect the temperature sensor that is in the motorwheel to the white "hall"' wire. It is best to connect the phase wires first, you can easily disconnect the old ones and solder the new ones on. Then insert the Hall sensors, you have to bend the outer ones out a bit { very carefully. That you don't bend it is very thin because those legs. Glue immediately and let it dry and do not bend anymore. I put the circuit board with heat resistant sealant on it. When it is dry then solder the Hall sensors otherwise it will keep moving and you may tear it to pieces (I had that the first time) When you put it back in the magnet wheel make sure that the thin copper ring is properly in place otherwise it will get stuck With a view to the shaft, put some grease or oil on the cable so that it goes through easily. It's really a huge improvement with Halsensors Good luck man
By Cal2022
Hi everybody, I've found this b40s in the street too,
I want to change the original 14s bms by an other unlocked but i'm not sure of the maximum current I have to choose... Does anyone know the exact cells model in it? I've opened it, just the metalic case, not desasemble the whole battery, I can see mh1 on the first visible cell it seems to be lg mh1 cells but not sure. On the internet I've found 10A max a cell for mh1 so, 14s6p it make 60amp max for the bms (connectors into the battery are xt60 so it works, but on NKon they sell the lgmh1 as 6A max. Somebody can help me here please? Thanks everybody and sorry for my English I'm French too....
By dijkie
you want to limit the output current to the motor.
not the max output of the pack.

so choose a value you want to limit for motor output.
48V - 480W = 10A
36V - 480W = 13A

then with some lighting and power loss in the controller, 15A or 20A is a safe way to go
By Cal2022
dijkie wrote:you want to limit the output current to the motor.
not the max output of the pack.

so choose a value you want to limit for motor output.
48V - 480W = 10A
36V - 480W = 13A

then with some lighting and power loss in the controller, 15A or 20A is a safe way to go
Thanks diskie for your answer, it's very clear and I weel remember that! But I forgot to say that I want to use this as a big battery pack... 😅 not in the scooter for the motor. So I need the max output of the pack...
By dijkie
for these Cells the Max. Discharge Current: 10A
so you can go to 140A if you need the max.

but build in some safety. i don't know what is availl for BMS in this range

and what is the use for the pack ?
do you really need 100A or 60A as current ?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]