An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By dijkie
there is a special "power gear mode" or something like that in the controller, then its a little less.

but we are working with a "universal" controller, not specific made to match with this motor.
it is working, i think thats all we can do.

it might be another controller works better, but i now have tried 3.
first one didn't provide enough power and went into protection within 100 meters.
second one couldn't drive the motor at all.
now this one runs fine, except for that noise, but when on speed with full battery it reaches 35kmh and has a decent range
so i'll keep it for now
By Capmkev
dijkie wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:30 am
there is a special "power gear mode" or something like that in the controller, then its a little less.

but we are working with a "universal" controller, not specific made to match with this motor.
it is working, i think thats all we can do.

it might be another controller works better, but i now have tried 3.
first one didn't provide enough power and went into protection within 100 meters.
second one couldn't drive the motor at all.
now this one runs fine, except for that noise, but when on speed with full battery it reaches 35kmh and has a decent range
so i'll keep it for now
Well, regardless of the noise this is been a fun project! Thank you for making this guide for all of us!
By FlapjackStaxx
agreed ^

This was great and the resource here was pretty much all there is. Anybody figure out the fix to the code 7 we all are getting? Anybody NOT getting that code?

Got a 1000w controller coming in today.. hopefully that helps out - the sticker on the bottom did say 500w so I think my 350w controller was overdoing itself. Sucks cause I just finished printing the case to mount it.

About 80% done my arduino / gps / screen / RFID (as a key) unit to replace the factory screen in the handlebars. Been a fun project so far. Once I have something that looks better than the spaghetti wire / low res 3d print abomination I'll post up some pics and info.

Now for the foot of snow on the ground to go away so I can test things out!
By FlapjackStaxx
Nice. Got my 1k controller in and it GRINDS like nobodies business. Definitely a hall issue - when I feather the throttle ever so slightly it runs great. Plenty of torque to climb hills and all that but dang once I get going and give it ANY bit of normal throttle it grinds and shuts down.

I unplugged the hall sensors completely after switching them to every possible combination and there was no change, so the controller just isn't reacting to it at all. I have a feeling its because I can't make ANY changes to it on account of it not having a screen with an interface.

So onto my third attempt and hopefully not waste of money -- a 1000w controller WITH a screen to give me an interface to program the hall sensor information. Here's to hoping!
By Jevako030
FlapjackStaxx wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 12:21 pm
agreed ^

This was great and the resource here was pretty much all there is. Anybody figure out the fix to the code 7 we all are getting? Anybody NOT getting that code?

Got a 1000w controller coming in today.. hopefully that helps out - the sticker on the bottom did say 500w so I think my 350w controller was overdoing itself. Sucks cause I just finished printing the case to mount it.

About 80% done my arduino / gps / screen / RFID (as a key) unit to replace the factory screen in the handlebars. Been a fun project so far. Once I have something that looks better than the spaghetti wire / low res 3d print abomination I'll post up some pics and info.

I built touch buttons in the screen and that led in the steering wheel is rgb so you can set up an rgb contoller there and then you can change color etc
By FlapjackStaxx
Jevako030 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:50 pm
There is only 1 sensor in it and that is a temperature sensor, that's why you get that message, there are no hall sensors.
What are the small 3 wires coming from the hub? Isn't that a speed sensor... which would be a hall sensor? I'm new to all this so genuinely curious
By Jevako030
FlapjackStaxx wrote:
Jevako030 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:50 pm
There is only 1 sensor in it and that is a temperature sensor, that's why you get that message, there are no hall sensors.
What are the small 3 wires coming from the hub? Isn't that a speed sensor... which would be a hall sensor? I'm new to all this so genuinely curious
FlapjackStaxx wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 12:21 pm
agreed ^

5volt, ground and temperature sensor those are the 3 wires

By SpeakAndMath
Can anyone confirm that, despite similar appearances, the Lime Gen4 V2 is NOT the same as the final Uber Jump generation before Lime acquired it?

This is the decommissioned JUMP model I just purchased (sorry for the stock photos; can provide actual photos if helpful):

The battery pack is nearly identical, but as shown in these FCC filings, the internals and the lock/connector(?) is different than those posted in this thread:
https://fccid.io/2ADEKJUMPPACK25/Extern ... os-4685644

Also, the dashboard looks the same as the JUMP bike (https://fccid.io/2ADEK1808R6/Users-Manu ... L-40627123)

From what I've read, this was largely an in-house design by JUMP, and there are a few patent filings to back it up, but I couldn't find much talk of it on this (or any) site.

Could someone confirm before I dig in and document recreating the wheel? Thanks!
By dijkie
stand looks a bit different
battery looks same, but connections have less pins
the headlight / green box is different.

main frame and wheels seems to be the same, then motor should be same also

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]