An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By Jevako030
RGB controller made for controlling LED in handlebars. Touch buttons in the original display made for light and LED
Send Switch to open and close the battery. Key switch mounted on the handlebars for motor controller on or off. :D

By Mikica
dijkie wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:58 am
dijkie wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:32 am
red/black from Hall connector gives 5V

i went for this one https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/10050027 ... 145fOimVMa
the 1000W version
received, connected and is working!
made 1km trip, no problems so far
unit is 43mm, but has room to flex off the top, so it should fit the footboard..
Hi
What are theese thin green , blue and yellow wires from the controller , which are connected to red, black and white from the motor?
By Paulnathan
Hi I was just wondering if there was a way to bypass the protection on this new gen lime battery maybe with a 1k resistor i did that on a other battery but I can’t figure it out on this one, here’s a photo:
By Paulnathan
Wqd wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:51 am
Really great work from you guys and thank you for taking the time to show pictures and explaining it. Are you interested in joining a Discord or something else to talk easier? (if the admin of the forum allows me to share a link of course).
One last thing, i'm looking for some french people coming from Paris or near this place.
Salut je suis de Paris et j’ai aussi besoin d’aide pour by-pass la protection d’une batterie lime nouvelle génération celle de 48 volt et je suis partant pour le discord
By Paulnathan
Hi I was just wondering if there was a way to bypass the protection on this new gen lime battery maybe with a 1k resistor i did that on a other battery but I can’t figure it out on this one, here’s a photo:
By iddik75014
Hi dijkie,

I have found a new Lime battery version 2 with pretty much more power than the first version 1.
First of all that new battery is bigger and of course heavier also.
The number of connections are the same under the battery.

For now, I haven't found the time to open it.

See below the new battery version 2 specifications comparing to the first version.

A -new Lime battery Version 2 :

B - old Lime battery Version 1 :

C - Shape comparison :

D - This is my actual battery charger :

What I have done the first thing is to check that new battery's version 2 level charge with a multimeter, and I have check 42 vdc.
Then I have tried to connect my charger on the new battery and it didn't charge it more because I think my charger can only charge the battery to 42 vdc maximum charge level.

The new battery version 2 seems to have the capacity to charge till 58.8 vdc and the first version to 42 vdc that is the big difference.

Please can you confirme this is the reason ?
And do I have to buy a new battery charger to 58 vdc ?

The project is to open that new battery version 2 and try to change the inside original BMS (as we did before on the first battery version 1) with an unlocked standard BMS.
I don't know yet, what BMS type I have to choose to make it works.

New BMS used/installed with the battery version 1 :

PS:
Another question is :
Will it work with our 1000w scooter controller ?
I guess, we need to switch the controller from 36v to 48v or 52v ?
Or will it burn the 36v engine ?
By FlapjackStaxx
Was this on a Gen 4 lime? That battery looks MASSIVE. If the motor in the Gen 4 is actually 36v 500w that battery will fry it. If the Gen 4 has a 48v 500w and its just been using 36v conservatively then it will work just fine...
By iddik75014
It is an original Lime battery according to the battery specifications.
And I have saw pretty much Lime's scooters and bikes working with that new battery version 2.

I don't think that Lime company have change all they scooters engines flot from 36 v to 48v or 52 v ...

It seems it is the Lime scooter can work with these two types of battery.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]