An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By nz_rackalhahn
yeah thanks for that but i am looking for recommendations for a replacement motor controller (even an upgraded hub motor and controller combo) from anyone who has successfully bought one online and replaced the original ones.

As for the hall sensor, the hub motor i have does not have those slots on the side for them to be installed... go figure.

and cheers to everyone in this forum, especially this thread which i have followed from day one.
By heyni
Jevako030 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:10 am
heyni wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:00 pm
Mobibilis wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:55 pm

Well, not really usefull to get FOC ESC, but sensorless would be the good choice.
KT controllers or S06S, available for open source firmware, square wave ZWSxxx, or sinus wave, thre's only two models.
FOC system only compatible with sinus.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... f150eb4138
Do you think this controller would work? There is no connection for hall sensors and it appears to be one of those KT S)^S you mentioned.

Usually with a sine wave controller if the hall sensors don't connect because they aren't in it, that's not a problem because it's already sending sine waves anyway. But you have to check this per controller, you also have "" dual "" controllers that send both sine and square waves and switch automatically, but I've read that they often don't work well.
Thanks, Jevako030. That is something else I need to learn about, the different types of controllers. Good thing the main reason I am doing this project is to learn something new.

I just received my new BMS from Ali, and I am afraid I got the wrong one. My scooter has the larger battery so I ordered a 14s BMS. I just realized it is rated 35 Amps...will that cause me problems downstream with the controller and motor?

Also, I would love to see more pictures or details about what you did with the RGB controller for the head unit if you care to share.

Thanks to everyone, this is a great thread.
By Jevako030
heyni wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:47 pm
Jevako030 wrote:
heyni wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:00 pm

Do you think this controller would work? There is no connection for hall sensors and it appears to be one of those KT S)^S you mentioned.

Usually with a sine wave controller if the hall sensors don't connect because they aren't in it, that's not a problem because it's already sending sine waves anyway. But you have to check this per controller, you also have "" dual "" controllers that send both sine and square waves and switch automatically, but I've read that they often don't work well.
Thanks, Jevako030. That is something else I need to learn about, the different types of controllers. Good thing the main reason I am doing this project is to learn something new.

I just received my new BMS from Ali, and I am afraid I got the wrong one. My scooter has the larger battery so I ordered a 14s BMS. I just realized it is rated 35 Amps...will that cause me problems downstream with the controller and motor?

Also, I would love to see more pictures or details about what you did with the RGB controller for the head unit if you care to share.

I don't think that's a problem, the lime motor can handle the large and small battery.
By Jevako030
Jevako030 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:18 pm
heyni wrote:
Jevako030 wrote:

I don't think that's a problem, the lime motor can handle the large and small battery.
The LED on the steering wheel has 4 wires, 1 plus and three minus and 5 volts, I have connected a bleutooth controller to it and it is in the housing of the front lamp, I also have an LED strip below and it gives exactly the same color as the steering wheel . will take some pics for you soon
By heyni
Jevako030 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:26 pm
Jevako030 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:18 pm
heyni wrote:

The LED on the steering wheel has 4 wires, 1 plus and three minus and 5 volts, I have connected a bleutooth controller to it and it is in the housing of the front lamp, I also have an LED strip below and it gives exactly the same color as the steering wheel . will take some pics for you soon
Thanks, that looks cool and will be a nice add on when I get everything else working.
By nz_rackalhahn
Jevako030 wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:54 pm
Ali Express
€ 24,09 21%OFF | Jrahk Ebike Controller 36V 48V 350W-400W 3 ‑Mode Elektrische Scooter Controller Fiets Onderdelen voor Elektrische Fiets Motor
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzzjEnD
so controller on way from santa aka aliepress and in the meantime i can install a new bms.... but just a couply questions:

- did i need to order a new throttle or is the lime one compatible?
- and whats the best way to rewire the battery release?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]