An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By iddik75014
Hi dijkie

Thanks for posting your great job to take out the battery of that Lime Gen4V2.

Concerning the motor that lock/unlock the battery, is it possible to bypass the "QT702A ( communication PCB )" and just put 5v DC on the red/black motor wires with a push button ?

I assume that 5v DC on the red/black cable will directly drive the lock/unlock motor ?

dijkie wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:52 pm
locking mechanism in closed and open position.
beeing driven by a 5V motor
Motor is beeing driven by small PCB, this one is connected to the Blue connector, PCB containing 2 main IC's
QT702A ( communication PCB )
L9110S ( DC Motor Driver IC )
By iddik75014
Hi dijkie

If I understand you well, it is absolutely necessary to drill the 2 holes in the back frame of the scooter ?
1st step :

And to break the back of the battery cover ?
2nd step :

These 2 steps are mandatory to access the BMS and to changed it with a standard "unlocked" ?

Please, let us know the next steps when you will receive your new controller and the BMS

dijkie wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:18 am
no, it is in need of a signal to unlock.

i am going to build in a cable to open the lock when needed.
once installed and can charge the battery while in the scooter, you don't need to remove it.
i wanted to open it to change the BMS, then i will install it, locked, with the cable hidden inside the steer handle
By dijkie
well, battery should only be removed by Lime personell, not for the users.
so there must be some menu to enter when you have a live scooter to let the controller send the unlock battery signal to the batterylock.
when you have a dead, or locked scooter, you won't be able to take the battery out.
the assy where the battery is in, is screwed into the frame, but the screws are behind the ( locked) battery.

these red/black wires you see, are inside that cover.
they drive the motor with 5V.
but to access it, my way was to drill the holes and work from there, damage the backside of the batterylock cover and work the motor to unlock.
if you are able to put 5V on these red/Black, the motor will turn, revert the 5V to let it turn the other way.

to leave backside intact and unscrew the cover, use grinder to flex out a square piece of the frame and weld that back later.

maybe someone else has a better idea ?
By iddik75014
Thanks for informations Dijkie

Yes it is a good idea for a square piece of the frame.

At the begining my idea was to buy a standard new battery and store it in the frame under the feets.

But I happy to u derstand the may be we can re use the original greay stock battery.

What kind of controller and BMS did you buy on Ali ?
By dijkie
update ;
i have got the motor running and the battery charging.
used this controler set : https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32995164 ... 4c4d8SsYe7

and this BMS : https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/10050020 ... 4c4d8SsYe7

BMS solution :

change to the battery unlock mechanism, attached bycicle brake cable and hide it under display unit in steering unit, if i ever want to take it out again.

when attaching handle to steer from the controller, it won't fit, i used grinder to take a piece of, so it fits now :

Motor is running, speed handle works, i now have to test, work with cabling and connect lighting.
will post more when done
By iddik75014
Hi dijkie,

I wanted to know if it is possible to make it works lock/unlock the small 5v motor from that blue connection directly ?
I can have access to the black/red/yellow/green small wires from the blue connection

What do you think ?

That is what I have for now :
By dijkie
got it running, but it stops within 1 minute.
then powercycle and you can go again.
seems like controller is running hot or in protection and i need a more powerfull one.

all the rest works.

of the "instrument" line, cut the red wire and place key interlock in between, to have some theft protection.
By dijkie
iddik75014 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:51 am
Hi dijkie,

I wanted to know if it is possible to make it works lock/unlock the small 5v motor from that blue connection directly ?
I can have access to the black/red/yellow/green small wires from the blue connection

What do you think ?

That is what I have for now :
i think thats not possible.
on that blue connector wire is a communication PCB "speaking" some kind of language, probably CAN bus
that communication PCB is driving the motor

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]