An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By kawfey
I've been charging for both Bird and Lime, and while I really like Bird, Lime really takes the cake (if only there were more scooters available, and if could fit more in my car)

PROs
  • Better scooters (more robust and harder to damage)
  • Mature app, so fewer bugs and kinks
  • Better support
  • Sends promo emails and special holiday deals
  • Much fewer phantom scooters on app
CONS
  • Bigger scooters (less fit, they're heavier)
  • Fewer scooters
  • Lime employees are also in the charging game
Bird...
PROS
  • Thousands of scooters everywhere, always a full load every night if you wanted it
  • Lighter & smaller scooters
  • more likely to be higher bounty
CONS
  • Non-existent support
  • App changes all the time
  • Stolen/lost scooters stay on app indefinitely without any filtering
  • Multiple types of scooters each with a mind of their own (some unlock, some don't, some leave the light on, some just die)
  • Scooters are damaged easily
  • No promotional emails or updates from Bird
  • Too few Mechanics, lots of damaged birds get left on the street, wasting me time scanning them.
By Nottinghaam
I've been charging for both as well and I agree with your comments. The only thing I would add is that I am able to make much more money with Bird than with Lime. I can regularly capture $11-$14 birds but it is extremely rare to harvest a lime over $6.
By DmpstrrrDvrrr
I like how the Limes light up green and have the digital mph display. I also like the fact that their beeping is not as annoying as Birds, but sometimes I can't get the Limes to stop beeping.
By humanbeing21
TheBird wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:53 am
DmpstrrrDvrrr wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:01 am
I like how the Limes light up green and have the digital mph display. I also like the fact that their beeping is not as annoying as Birds, but sometimes I can't get the Limes to stop beeping.
If only bird had these: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Uv69lo ... ested=true
I was really excited about buying this until I followed the link and realized the order form is a Google doc. I then lost all confidence that I'd ever see the part. Bummer
By TheBird
DaisyScooter wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:09 pm
Took me awhile to figure out what this was. Looks like a digital read out for speed, battery, etc?

Yeah, it's an electronic dashboard. All the info the app gets is displayed there. It's a small display, but a nice feature.
By TheBird
humanbeing21 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:48 pm
I was really excited about buying this until I followed the link and realized the order form is a Google doc. I then lost all confidence that I'd ever see the part. Bummer

Here's another version for sale....again from Russia. Maybe we can start a crowdfund for someone to build them in the US?

https://www.ebay.com/i/123468555846?chn=ps
By Louisvillegr
I like the birds bcus they are lighter and more of them but they start at $3 where as the Limes start at $5 every night! Both apps got a lot of bugs in them. You got scooters on there that are ghost!
By Birdhouseinspect
Bird
Cons
Looks like lots are available but too often they don't exist or they are being hoarded by chargers waiting for the bounty to increase.
No matter what you ask support all you get is a scripted answer, if you point this out you will be flagged. No explaining or proof of what they accuse you of. Eventually you will be terminated.
Lots of damaged birds , that never get repaired, get a security torx set to at least tighten them up, lots of communication errors so be prepared to manual input and then take pics of issue and releasing can be frustrating.
No releasing at times other than 4am-7am

Pros
More available during the day
Quicker to increase bounty
APP doesn't crash (at least for me)
Lighter and looks better all 'murdered out'

Lime
Cons
Less available
They seem to only release a few at a time
APP has lots of issues and lots of 'oops something went wrong' messages
The reserving a drop point doesn't work all the time
Seems like some juicers have an advantage somehow, maybe they get preferred or priority somehow?
Heavy

Pros
Almost always a scooter there at the location on the APP (no phantom scooters)
Release time earlier
Although heavy they seem to take abuse from riders well, hardly any janky ones out there
Juicers seem less aggressive then chargers

Opinions only based on personal experience

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]