An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

What's happening in the world of dockless transportation
A glitch will cause a shared scooter to rocket to 20+ mph (32+ kph). The impacted scooter is the Segway Ninebot ES4 that is found in the fleets of most shared scooter companies, Bird, Lyft, and many more. The top speed from Segway is ~19 mph. For safety reasons the shared scooter companies are required by many local cities to limit the scooter's speed between 10-15 mph (15-25 kph).

Following a series of simple steps will cause the Segway Ninebot ES4 scooter to rapidly accelerate to over 20 mph (30 kph). This glitch impacts all ES4 scooters used by the shared scooter companies. It's easy to unintentionally activate and dangerous to an unsuspecting or inexperienced scooter rider. Use caution if trying this for yourself.

How to Unlock Top Speed Mode
  1. Begin riding the scooter
  2. While holding the throttle down press hard with your foot on the rear fender break to bring the scooter to a brief stop
  3. While continuing to hold the throttle and release your foot from the rear fender
  4. The scooter will rocket to 19 mph (30 kph)
What does a Segway Ninebot ES4 Look Like?
The best way to identify a Segway Ninebot ES4 is the second battery pack on the neck of the scooter. Here are some examples from a few shared scooter companies.

Update 06/06/2019
  • Jump scooters are not impacted by this glitch
  • Discovered only need to bring scooter to a brief stop to activate

You gotta be moving before applying the break. Push hard on the fender break and you'll hear the tire grind to a stop.

If you did it right you won't have to kick to get the scooter going, it just starts moving
DaisyScooter wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:51 pm
Doesnt work for me. Held break and throttle for 5 seconds. The doesnt move when i release the break.
Fbzz wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:15 am
I have a personal es4 and it has always been going 30-32 kmt with out jumping any breaks :)
Yep, that’s the way the come from Segway.

The glitch has to do with the speed limiter the shared scooter companies place on the scooter. It causes them to accelerate quickly and not slow down right away when the throttle is released.
I have been doing this for over 1 year now and this is the best glitch BTW the more battery your scooter has the more speed you Get if IT is 100 %
then you can reach a speed of 38 km/h in flat road but when your battery drains then your top speed drains too but dont share this to anyone cause then they will try and fix it :D

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]